Monday, March 2, 2015

Some Cool Stuff


Hello Everybody. A lot of things have happened in the last week. We have had some cool experiences in finding new investigators as well as receiving a lot of referrals. Kassidy was baptized this last Saturday but due to a Regional broadcast on Sunday we could not confirm her then. So she will be confirmed this following week in Sacrament Meeting. And this is our Bishop. He baptized her and will confirm her as well.

We talked to another lady this week who had previously requested a bible through the online referral system and they had stopped by previously and given it to her. We went back by again and when we started talking to her she was not interested, but we continued to talk to her and eventually she invited us inside, and we gave her a Book of Mormon. We talked about the light of Christ with her and how she was recognizing it's influence in her life. We taught a little bit of the restoration as well as the plan of salvation and that was a cool experience. I believe she felt the spirit and understood the things we were teaching as well as believed them to be true. It is amazing to see the influence of the Light of Christ and the Holy Ghost working together to lead her to the truth and then to confirm it to her. She said we can come back and that she may be interested in coming to church sometime soon.
Elder L Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve also came and spoke to our mission. We all got to shake his hand. That was a cool experience to hear from and shake an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ's hand. He teaches with power and authority and I was grateful to be able to hear from him. He spoke largely about companions and the influence we have on one another. He then also had a question and answer session with us. It was great. It was the first time we had ever had the entire mission together for a conference since the mission was started in July 2013.
Today is also transfer day. Elder Rogers is being transferred to the North Nampa stake, but it is still in our same zone. I will stake district leader and I will also be training this next transfer. I am really excited to train again. I love training new missionaries and there are two English Elder's coming in. One from Georgia and one from the Philippines. It would not be my first time with a Phillipino companion so that would be cool, but I will possibly let you know tomorrow when I let him email his family. And this area is blossoming, and with recent converts and new member lessons it will provide good opportunities to teach this new missionary, as well as with some great referrals.
At the mission conference I learned of some very happy and sad news, my trainer, Elder Morse, is going home, kind of for health reasons, but also not the details surrounding it I will need to get permission from him to share but he is doing well. He is not going home for disobedience or anything, and the choices he is making is because he is following the guidance of the Mission President as well as the Holy Spirit. And if the Lord wants him back out here, it will work out so that he can come back out. I hope he is able to. I will try to let you know next week.
Lastly while waiting to get my new companion until tomorrow, my temporary companion is my MTC companion. It is great and funny. It should be fun.
I will talk to you later. I love you all!
With Love from,
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment