Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The One Year Mark

So I am in Nampa covering the 2nd and 18th wards. I am down in the hub of the mission now. I don't know surprisingly very many missionaries because I have been hiding out most of my mission. My companion is Elder Rogers from Gilbert Arizona and he has been out 6 months. And I was made district leader. I have had the opportunity to do a few baptismal interviews for the zone leaders. Those were pretty cool and it was great to see the people's paths as they are making their way into the church. And their challenges as well as the things that pushed them forward. The first day I got out here I was sent over to a little girl's house named Kassidy and she wanted to get baptized on the 31st. But we didn't have enough time to all the things we needed to so we needed to set the date for the seventh. Because she hasn't come to church the last couple weeks we've needed to push it back to the 21st. But she is excited. There is also another guy named Matt and he moved into the area I believe in mid December and he is getting baptized the same day. This is Kassidy and my companion Elder Rogers.

Things are going pretty well with her we just need to make sure she gets to church.
Also this week is a pretty crazy milestone. It will be hump day/my year mark on...... (yes a milk jug expiration date)

it is absolutely terrifying to think I have been out a year now. It feels like it has only be a couple months. And it has been such an amazing journey so far. I can only hope it continues to be as great as it has been. So filled with the spirit and joy and peace that it brings. At transfers I got to see the other missionary I trained just as I was finishing with Elder Clark so we all got pictures together. And one of the assistants to the President decided to photo-bomb it. I am so glad he did cause he is such an amazing Elder and he is going home this transfer. Elder Brimhall is his name. Elder Bushell is from Sandy Utah also so I will get to go to his homecoming which will be so great!

One more cool thing before I go. We were informed this last week at zone meeting that Elder L Tom Perry is going to be coming to speak to our mission on February 28th! It is going to be so cool! I love you all and have a great week!
Love,
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment