Monday, February 16, 2015

Temple week and Costco Pizza


This last week had a bunch of cool things and stuff that happened in it! We helped the Elder Short, one of the senior missionaries in our mission, clean out the mission storage unit, me, Elder Rogers, an old comp Elder Bushell, and his companion Elder Twigg. It went fast so he took us to costco for a hot dog/pizza/chicken bake.

On Thursday, I went to the temple. The long awaited, first temple trip of the mission. We get to go twice on our mission. Once at halfway, the other time right before we go home. This picture is me and Sister Cannon, Our Mission Mom/President Cannon's wife, out in front of the temple. Me and 11 other missionaries went with the Mission President and his wife and one of the senior couples and the Assistants to the President. My MTC Companion, Elder Hulet is in the background. We of course came out at the same time so he hit his halfway mark too.

This is the Boise Temple from a better angle. It is really pretty and I am going to miss the temple a lot for the next year but I am so grateful for the covenants made here, and the peace inside this building. The Temple truly is the House of the Lord. The covenants bring real power, peace and strength in my life and I am grateful to go back to remember them.

I also went on exchanges this last week with one of the missionaries in my district and it went really well. He has ass-purgers but he is a great missionary and is out here to serve His Heavenly Father. It is great to see how he is able to overcome the challenges that he has and be so willing to serve. We went over and taught one of our investigators who is getting baptized this Saturday. His name is Matt and he is really excited to be baptized and to continue to learn afterward as well. The girl that I met the first day in this area, Kassidy, is getting baptized next Saturday. The 28th. The same day that L Tom Perry is coming to speak to our mission. They both have one more lesson they need before and they need to have their interviews but they are on their way and they are excited. I'll have to send a picture of my district so that you can see the missionaries I am most associated with. I will also send pictures of the baptisms. I love you all!
Sincerely,
Elder Roberts


No comments:

Post a Comment