Wednesday, February 19, 2014

He's still alive... and eating

Dad,
I want to thank you for being such a great example to me and for being an amazing Father. I feel like I haven't been very thankful, and I also wanted to thank you for paying for my mission. It is a great experience so far. My first area is Fruitland Idaho, which is on the Idaho side of Ontario (which is in Oregon). My companion is awesome and nice. He is just kind of hard to figure out. He is very quiet sometimes but extremely friendly and personable at other times. He is always nice though. But I don't have any exciting experiences in the field yet as it is the morning of my first day. I'll let you know when stuff happens. But I am learning a lot and I am excited to learn more. We are being taken out to dinner tonight for teriyaki by one of the ward mission leaders. So yeah. I guess this would have been better to tell Mom, but I am eating and staying alive. I try to make sure that I am eating healthy so that I can serve to my full ability. ... I am expecting hard work, but so far we haven't done anything extremely taxing. Tell me how Jake is from your point of view as he probably wouldn't tell me the same things you would. Thank you so much and I love you all. I'll email again on Monday as that is my P-day now. and Mom has my address and some instructions.
Love,
KJ or Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment