Saturday, February 8, 2014

First letter from this kid


Dear Mom and Dad,

The first few days at the MTC have been very good. There is only one thing I can even somewhat compare it to, but it is still quite different, and that is efy. The schedule is always quite filled which is good, and we are always learning and building our testimonies.

On the first day we did some interviews with "investigators" as a group of about 40 missionaries. The investigators had real stories of people that had been taught in the past. Even as a group of 40 missionaries, with the many different answers that could be given, it was hard. But I could feel and the investigators could feel that we were not just sympathizing, but that we actually cared about them. I could feel it and many others could too.

My companion's name is Elder Hulet. He is a fun Elder who used to bow hunt in his "previous life." He is a pretty soft spoken person, but as I am getting to know him he is opening up a little more. He is a good first companion from what I can tell, as he is easy to get along with. We received assignments last night and I was assigned Sacrament Coordinator, and he was assigned District Leader. But as we are leaving on the 18th (he is going to Nampa Idaho too, and so far that we know of there are only 2 Elders going to Nampa and 5 Sisters) we will only have the opportunity to use these callings for about a week.

The other companionship that stays with us is Elder Shingleton and Elder Walch. They are both pretty cool, but I think Elder Walch is having a hard time but isn't fully willing to say it. He seems to be having issues. Elder Shingleton is a very interesting and cool Elder. He is a surfer from the east coast, from North Carolina. He misses his family probably more than anyone else and I think it is kind of sweet. Truthfully, I have only had a few times where I have thought about home in a longing way, and the people I miss. I am doing pretty well as far as I am concerned. I am kind of anxious to get out into the field though. But the MTC isn't bad, I enjoy it, and I look forward to the stuff I will be doing here.

I want to let everyone know of my love for Christ and the love that he has for each one of us, as missionaries and those at home as well. I know that this church is true and that Jesus wants us to find the truth and cleave unto it because it will make us happy. Jesus Christ wants the best for us, and we can achieve that through the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment