Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Growing experiences

Dear Family,

This has been great experience and yesterday was the happiest day so far. Everything just went right. In the morning we taught a new TRC (teacher resource center) investigator. (description of what that is below) His name is Nick and we mostly just learned about how wrong the bio we had received about him was wrong. And me and my companion, Elder Hulet were quite frustrated. We were then asked to give a blessing to one of the Sisters, which we have given about 6 blessings so far, and I gave 2 of them. They were great. But this blessing helped me and Elder Hulet clear our minds and be open to the spirit. We then taught another "investigator" as this was our teacher role playing a sister she had taught on her mission. Because we were so in tune with the spirit we gave the best lesson we have yet and did more than we had expected to. The Sister we had given a blessing beforehand, had actually prayed and asked who was supposed to give her the blessing and it was me and Elder Hulet. Because of that we were able to give the best lesson we have yet. After the lesson we learned that this investigator that the teacher had taught on her own mission, actually just moved in with her. She was having a hard time in her life and the lesson we taught helped the teacher receive guidance on how to help the real Lita (who is the person we were teaching). We realized that our lessons had more meaning that I thought and that we were actually helping the real Lita. This experience has brought me closer to know the love of the Savior for not only us, but for the people we teach. I know somewhat of the Saviors love for the people that we teach and how he wants their joy and happiness.

But I just had a very interesting experience with a TRC (teacher resource center) investigator, which means that it is a person who either comes in and plays an investigator they knew, or real investigators, and it was saddening. I felt completely ready and knew the spirit was with me and the power of God was on my side. I set a goal to commit him to baptism which was a high goal and one I knew I could not do without God's help, which is a principle I learned from Dad. I knew that through God's help that we could accomplish this goal. But I realized something big after this lesson. That even if I were a perfect missionary, and I was doing everything right and taught the lesson by the spirit, it does not matter. The investigator has to be ready for the message. And this investigator, who both me and my companion believe to be an actual and real investigator, was most definitely not ready. And I can truly feel the sadness of our Heavenly Father, and his love for Nick (the investigator). I want the best for him and for him to learn. But he is not ready, and something in his life will have to change him. Because we can not.

I know of the Savior's love for his children and how he wants to help them to find happiness in their lives. And I am so happy I have had these experiences so early on so that I can remember them and use them to help me in my mission experience. I am so glad for this opportunity to come out and serve the Lord and to be an instrument in his hand. I know that through the touch of the Master's hand I can help create beautiful music, and accomplish his work.


Love,
KJ or Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment