Sunday, October 18, 2015

Up in Baker, Talk October 12th, 2015


Hello! I had the opportunity to give a talk yesterday in one of our wards on this past General Conference, which I recognized that I did not talk about at all last week. It was great and a spiritual feast as I have seen it to become more and more over my mission. And it is so sad that it will be my last. Time flies by so fast. I particularly liked, well most of the talks. But a few of the ones that I talked about were President Eyring's about the companionship of the Holy Ghost and What Lack I yet? by Elder Lawrence. My talk was largely based upon the Holy Ghost and the role that it plays in helping us to become more like Christ, in elevating our observance of the Sabbath day, and in the work of salvation. As those were a lot of the things that had stood out to me in conference. I ended up taking a long time, and unlike before my mission, I think I am now likely to go over on time due to the things I would like to say.
Damion just got out of the rehabilitation center and he will be having an interview with President Cannon this week about baptism. He is awesome and dedicated to following God. He just recently had some hard things happen for him though and it is tough. But he is still working toward it.
We also just had the opportunity to start teaching a lady named Cherie, her daughter Boston and her boyfriend Loren. They are super awesome. She has just recently gone less active but wants her daughter baptized and we shared the Restoration with them. Loren really liked it and said that it made a lot of sense. He said that as he knows it's true he will be baptized. They want the blessings of the gospel for their family. It is cool to see how open of a heart that he had hearing about the church and gospel for the first time. So many people have a lot of reservations and things that hold them back, and he has such an open heart it is awesome. I hope that this next week is a good one for all of you.
Sincerely,
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment