Monday, September 28, 2015

Transfers! Back to LA Grande Zone September 28th, 2015


Hello Everybody!
It was transfers this last week and I am now in Baker City, which is about a half an hour away from Union and 2.5 hours away from Nampa. I am still serving as a zone leader, just over a different zone. My new companion is named Elder Knighton from Clinton, Utah. This is his last transfer and he was in my district back in the beginning on my mission. It is pretty crazy to be serving with him now. I learned so much in my previous area and with my 2 companions there, and with just everything, so it was pretty hard to leave. But continuing to look forward with an eye of faith. He is now going to be companions with my MTC companion Elder Hulet. So we had a few particularly cool things happen last week! We were finally able to get in contact with Danielle again. While on exchanges, Elder Halverson and Elder Goodsell went over and helped Danielle's mother in law move out. She had been creating a certain amount of tension in the home that was making it hard to be able to see her and teach her. They made awesome contact and helped her move into her new place. We were then able to see Danielle the next day. I was able to get a picture with her and her son and their emails. We found out where she is in her spiritual progression.
The 36th ward is now getting pretty active in missionary work. The ward mission is essentially creating a mini mission in which the ward missionaries will be assigned to specific areas of the ward and the members and sometimes the investigators. We want to make sure the right investigators are with the right people, but the work there is about to take off. It is super awesome and I am excited to hear back more from what is happening there.
Things are a whole lot slower pace up here on p-day's, just because there are so many less people up here. It has a calmer more peaceful feeling. Here is a picture and I will let you all know more as I know more.
This is me and Elder Knighton at the Baker transfer spot. I remember all the previous times I had been there. It will be funny how close I am to Union.
I love you all, talk to you later!
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment