Monday, April 13, 2015

Sacrament and Awesome Lessons

This week we had a lot of cool lessons with new people. Someone told us about their friend who was interested in learning more about the church, and as we were riding up to the house one of the members of the ward was throwing rocks in the creek with his wife and child and we told him where we were going and he asked if we needed him, we at first were like, nah we're fine, but I thought about it a second longer and said yes, it would be great if we came. We showed up at the house and nobody was home. As we were about to walk away, they pulled into the driveway and I introduced everybody as last time we saw them I was on exchanges with another missionary. We went in and had a great lesson about the restoration of the gospel, and more specifically talked about the blessings that will come to her family. Elder Matthews shared an experience about his family and blessings he has seen in the unity of his family and the love his siblings show. She cried and told us she wanted those same blessings for her kids. Her name is Shannon.
Another lesson we had, we were teaching two ladies about the plan of salvation. Their names are Criselda and Mary. Mary's son passed recently and as we taught her about the spirit world. As we shared a couple scriptures in 1 Peter 3 and 4 they both were in tears. The spirit was very strong and as we shared different restored truths with them they were coming to realizations for themselves and how much sense it made. It was really cool to watch and be a part of.
Lastly, the Doty family who we were referred to last week by other missionaries close by them. We went over and have seen them twice now. They used to meet with the missionaries about 6 years ago. But more recently we have been able to present it in a way that is helping them to understand what we are trying to say. They recognize the significance in finding out if Joseph Smith is a prophet and they are going to study and pray harder than they had in the past to know.
Alex's confirmation was sunday as well! It has been a good week.

The sacrament is an amazing blessing. A couple of nights ago I was really struggling due to stress largely and I was trying to figure out why. After a while and once I got in the shower I caught hold of the idea of the sacrament and remembered I hadn't taken it for 2 weeks. But as I held onto the thought of the sacrament I regained peace. I knew that I would get to take it again soon and that brought a lot of peace. I was able to get to sleep easy and then of course I got to partake of the sacrament and I am so grateful for that blessing in our lives that the Lord has given us. The thought came to me from the General Conference talk about Peter as he let his eyes drift from the Savior he began to fall, but as he was refocused he could stay up. As well as the talk about the girl who survived the plane crash and focused on the light and made it there. As we focus our lives on The Savior and the things he wants us to do and the blessings he gives to us we are better able to feel peace, it was only when I let my eyes drift from him and on less important things such as the wind and the waves that it becomes hard and scary. Talk to you all later! I love you!
This is my district once again from last transfer. plus the zone leaders. Transfers are today but me and Elder Matthews are still together. And I will be seeing a familiar face again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment